Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Web Developer – Nourishing Africa
Job Description / Overview
- Sahel Consulting and its partners have created an online platform called Nourishingafrica.com that will be the ‘Home for 1 Million Agri-Food Entrepreneurs Transforming Africa’s Agricultural Landscape’.
- The mission of Nourishing africa is to “attract, empower, equip, connect and celebrate over 1 Million dynamic and innovative young entrepreneurs who will drive the profitable and sustainable growth of the African agriculture and food landscapes”.
- As such, this hub serves as a platform for these stakeholders to accelerate their work, connect with each other, and celebrate their successes on the continent. The portal includes information on funding, e-learning, data on the sector, African food and chefs, career opportunities, and other resources to develop one’s career in the agri-food industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Code well designed, testable, efficient software by using best development practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Manage front-end visuals and information.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling of the Nourishing Africa online hub
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Serve as the lead advisor to the team on appropriate cyber security measures to implement in carrying out its daily operations
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade security measures
- Troubleshoot both security and network issues
- Identify, report and respond to system and/or network security breaches
- Design graphics for Nourishing Africa material
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities.
- Experience in web developing and management of expansive knowledge and learning platform
- Experience in graphic designing
- Ability to code and create front end and back-end functions
- Experience in cyber-security tasks including intrusion detection, incident response and computer forensics.
- Experience working with firewalls, routers, intrusion detection systems and intrusion prevention systems.
- Knowledge of popular security suites.
- A passion for agriculture and nutrition in Africa
- Available to start immediately.
Open till Filled.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Web Developer: Nourishing Africa” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.