The University of Ottawa is pleased to announce the Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship, which is awarded annually to the best and brightest postdoctoral researchers. This scholarship is a testament to the University’s commitment to excellence in research and its dedication to providing world-class education and opportunities for its students.
The scholarship is open to applicants from all disciplines, and the selection committee looks for candidates who have demonstrated outstanding scholarly achievement and innovation in their field of research.
Successful applicants will receive a $42,000 scholarship, as well as access to some of the best research facilities in the country. The Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship is an excellent opportunity for postdoctoral researchers looking to further their careers and expand their horizons.
Introduction to the University of Ottawa and the Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship
The University of Ottawa is a bilingual public research university in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It is the largest bilingual university in the world. The university offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in both official languages, English and French.
The Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship is an annual scholarship program that helps support postdoctoral students who are studying at the University of Ottawa. The scholarship program was established in memory of Gordon F. Henderson, a former professor at the University of Ottawa.
Each year, the University of Ottawa awards a number of scholarships to postdoctoral students who are studying in fields such as science, engineering, business and law. The scholarships are worth CAD$42,000 per year and are renewable for up to two years.
Applications for the Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship for the academic year 2022/2023 are now open.
Eligibility requirements for the Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship
The Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship at the University of Ottawa is open to domestic and international students.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have completed a PhD or equivalent degree within the last five years.
- Demonstrate a high level of academic achievement, as well as research excellence in your field of study.
- Foreign Candidates must exhibit that they are likely to get permission to reside in Canada for one year.
- Candidates for the Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship will have gotten a doctoral degree no more than five years before December 31, 2022, and will have to access their thesis by April 30, 2022. Candidates who have obtained their doctorate from the University of Ottawa or through a joint degree program with the University of Ottawa are not eligible for this scholarship;
- Agrees to work at the Human Rights Research and Education Centre (HRREC) for the full period of the scholarship;
- Agrees to contribute to the development and scholarly activities of the HRREC by engaging in an original research program that is distinct from the research he or she has previously undertaken.
How to apply for the Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship
The Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship is designed for scholars who have completed their doctoral studies and are interested in conducting postdoctoral research at the University of Ottawa.
- The Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship necessitates the recipient to take up the position physically at the Human Rights Research and Education Centre (HRREC).
- The Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship honor does not cover the travel costs of the receiver (to Ottawa or return to the Fellow’s place of origin).
The candidate should send the essential documents (in English or French) to HRREC Assistant Director Viviana Fernandez at viviana.fernandez@uOttawa.ca
Other supporting documents:
- Letter of introduction
- Updated CV.
- A five-page summary of the doctoral thesis.
- Examiners’ written remarks on the thesis.
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
- A five-page research proposal describes the postdoctoral project, its goals, and outcomes.
The benefits of being a Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholar
As a Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholar, you will enjoy a number of benefits, including:
– A $42,000 annual scholarship
– Access to the University of Ottawa’s world-class research facilities
– The opportunity to work with some of Canada’s leading researchers
– The chance to network with other top postdoctoral scholars and researchers from around the world
The University of Ottawa is one of Canada’s leading research universities and is known for its groundbreaking research in a wide range of disciplines. Becoming a Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholar will give you the opportunity to work with some of the best minds in the country and gain access to some of the world’s most advanced research facilities.
How much Does The Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship Offer?
- The scholarship totaling CAD$42,000 will be rewarded according to terms to be agreed upon between the Postdoctoral fellow and the Human Rights Research and Education Centre (HRREC).
The application deadline for this scholarship is May 31, 2022.
Not interested in this scholarship? Check out other scholarships that may interest you below: