There are free visa driver jobs for foreigners in USA for delivery drivers. So, if you are a foreign delivery truck and you would like to work in the United States at some point in your career, then this is for you.
According to an estimate from the American Trucking Associations, there is a shortage of more than 80,000 truck drivers in the United States. The American Trucking Association (ATA) estimates that approximately 72% of freight in the US is transported by trucks, demonstrating just how reliant consumers are on the drivers who important items across American soil on a daily basis.
Think about the items in one of America’s favorite convenience store, think about how companies get their items to their doorstep when they order online, think about how gas gets to the filling stations. All this points to one simple fact – trucks are as important to Americans as the food and air that sustains them. I mean, what’s the use of the grocery if there are no means of transporting it to the point of consumption?
To combat the problems being created by the shortage of delivery truck drivers across the USA, the American trucking Association has declared that there is a need to bring in 1 million new truckers into the Uniited States, and that’s where you come in.
There are new openings springing up for delivery drivers daily. and you must take advantage of this opportunity. To be eligible for this position, you must have a prior experience in delivery truck driving, a valid driver’s license, be fluent in English, and exhibit the ability to meet up with other requirements that may be set by your employer. But, is this everything you need, or there are other things to consider? Well, we will reveal all in this post, so read on.
What do you need to do to get a driver jobs for foreigners in USA for delivery drivers
There are numerous options to have the career you desire in the United States, because there are so many businesses looking for delivery drivers. However, here are some pointers to get you going:
1. Do your homework to identify businesses that match your interests and credentials: There are many different kinds of businesses searching for delivery drivers and providers, so it’s crucial to do your homework to find the best one for you. Look for businesses that match your expertise and talents by visiting company websites, reading job advertisements, and searching for them. Job boards like Google jobs, Indeed, Jooble, USA jobs, LinkedIn and USponsorme can help in this regard.
2. Have a compelling resume and work experience: Be certain that it you have truck driving experience that employers will not want to pass on. Include details about your prior experience as a driver or previous employers, and also add other details such as work dates and salary rates.
3. Network: It’s critical to establish contacts with prospective employers at networking events and on websites like LinkedIn. Let people know what you’re interested in doing and ask for ideas on how to find the ideal employment. You never know, a friend or acquaintance might have connections that might assist you in breaking into this fascinating new industry!
U.S Delivery Driver stats
The statistics for delivery truck driver shows that the profession is open to anyone and that there is no discrimination when it comes to employment opportunities in the sector.
Zippia calculates the demographics and statistics for delivery drivers in the US using a database of 30 million profiles. To ensure accuracy, our predictions are cross-checked against BLS, Census, and current job vacancies data. The Zippia data science team discovered the following after conducting extensive research and analysis:
- Currently, there are over 1,305,155 delivery drivers working in the US.
- While 83.3% of delivery drivers are men, 16.7% of them are women.
- An employed delivery driver is 48 years old on average.
- White (65.7%) is the most prevalent racial or ethnic group among delivery drivers, followed by Hispanic or Latino (17.1%) and Black or African American (11.5%).
- Both Houston, Texas, and New York, New York, are home to the bulk of delivery drivers.
- Denver, Colorado, has the highest demand for delivery drivers.
- An average annual wage for delivery drivers is $38,785.
- The sector paying the most for delivery drivers is the manufacturing sector.
- The highest average yearly wage in the US is $46,026 in Boston, Massachusetts.
- The starting compensation for delivery drivers is about $26,000/year.
- Women made 89% of what men did in 2021.
- The highest 10% of paid delivery drivers make up to $56,000 or more annually.
- Only 3% of delivery people identify as LGBT.
- The best state to reside in if you’re a delivery driver is Illinois.
- Compared to public firms, delivery drivers are more likely to work for private businesses.
Which Visa will you need to work in the USA as a delivery truck driver
To get driver jobs for foreigners in USA for delivery drivers, the appropriate visa is the H-1B visa. The H-1B visa is among the greatest available options for anyone seeking to begin a new job in the United States. This is because it is for workers in specialist occupations who are moving to the United States to work for an organization that is registered with the Department of Labor are eligible for H-1B visas.
According to standard application procedures for the H-1B visa, you must possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an approved institution, have at least three years of full-time experience in the speciality occupation you wish to work in, and satisfy all other visa requirements in order to be eligible.
You must also submit an application with your company and meet a number of additional standards in order to be eligible to apply for an H-1B visa. You must provide documentation proving you have been offered the position and are available to start working right away in order for your employer to submit an application on your behalf.
Additionally, you will have to present documentation of your education and work history, such as a transcript or CV. Before filing your application, if you aren’t currently in the US, you’ll need to get a passport and visa.
Although there is no assurance that you will be granted an H-1B visa, if you meet all the requirements, an immigration officer at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office in your home district will assess your application and see if you are eligible.
Before you apply for a Visa
Before you apply for a visa, it is important that you find a prospective employer. This way, the visa application process will be more easy and you’ll have experienced heads from the employer trying their best to get you in. This is way better than anything you can do on your own, so commit all your energy to finding a prospective employer before anything.
Also, your employer will cover the cost of getting you to the USA as you will not need to pay a dime.
Some Driver positions with visa sponsorship
- Warehouse management system
- Warehouse experience
- Communication skills
- US work authorization
Job Title: Forklift Driver / Warehouse Associate
Job Location: McAllen, TX
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure we transport our customers of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. This also includes special transport-related services. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
As a Forklift Driver / Warehouse Associate you will be responsible for performing all tasks associated with warehousing and distribution including picking, packing, shipping, receiving, labeling, loading/unloading, and inventory control.
- Receives, sorts, and segregates incoming shipments for warehouse / distribution facilities
- Loads and unloads shipments on to or off of pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand
- Sorts and processes outgoing shipments according to established procedures and regulations
- Load shipments into vehicles and uses hand tools to install strapping, bracing, and padding
- Prepares and updates information in computerized systems such as logs, packing lists, pick tickets, invoices, inventories, transfer/delivery tickets, orders / receipts etc.
- Maintains inventory records of customer shipments and performs audits to ensure integrity and security of freight
- May perform routine vehicle, equipment, and warehouse maintenance
- May operate forklift, hand jacks, and other vehicles and equipment
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of scanning freight in/out of the warehouse
- Detail oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Able to walk/stand/kneel for long periods of time and lift 40-50 pounds occasionally
- Fork lift experience (stand up is preferred)
- Warehouse management systems (WMS) experience is preferred
- Warehouse and / or Freight Forwarding industry experience strongly preferred
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
- Health insurance
- Warehouse experience
- CDL A
- Commercial driving
- CDL B
- High school diploma or GED
- US work authorization
Job Location: Grapevine, TXWe have an exciting opportunity for CDL Driver / Warehouse Cargo Handlers to join our team. Your efficiency and attention to detail will allow DHL to make businesses work by delivering cargo on time, every time. This may require heavy lifting at times and/or use of a hand-truck. You will also be expected to maintain an electronic record of your activity through the proficient use of a hand-held scanning device. This position will be based at our Grapevine, TX location.DHL offers a competitive hourly rate which includes a COMPANY PAID benefits plan!
This position offers FREE health and wealth benefits!
Class B CDL min required, Class A CDL preferred.
- Transport shipments and materials to and from receiving area, staging area, or other area as designated
- Sort and place shipments and or materials on racks, shelves, or designated areas according to destination
- Build up and maximize airline containers and pallets; load / unload vehicles, vans, straight trucks and tractor trailers
- Enter data information into freight station inventory and warehouse management system using desktop computer and handheld scanner
- Perform pick and pack assembly on shipments as needed, and assemble shipments from storage area to prepare for export; mark and label shipments with identifying information; prepares bills of lading as needed
- Take weight and measurement of each shipment received, and prepare on-hand notice
- Drive forklift to transport shipments within warehouse and in and out of trucks; operate other warehouse equipment such as pallet jack and hand truck as needed
Skills / Requirements:
- Class B CDL min required, Class A CDL preferred
- Hazmat endorsement strongly preferred, but not required
- Must be flexible to work assigned shift which may include nights & weekends
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of warehouse operations, cargo handling including Forklift operations as well as other materials handling equipment is preferred
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web here.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
This is not an exhaustive list of the options available to those who are looking for driver jobs for foreigners in USA for delivery drivers. There are thousands of other options on Google jobs, Indeed, Jooble, USA jobs, LinkedIn and USponsorme so be sure to check them out to find the best option for you.
Advice for Successful USA Immigration
If you desire driver jobs for foreigners in USA for delivery drivers, you must be ready for a lengthy application process. Here are a few suggestions to help you suceed:
1. Ensure that you have the necessary documentation: A current driver’s license from your home country, documentation of your financial stability, and proof of health insurance are required. You can also be asked to provide letters of recommendation.
2. Get ready ahead of time: It would be simpler to submit the necessary documents with your application if you gather them as soon as possible. Don’t wait until the last minute to begin preparing because the application process can take up to two months.
3. Create a good impression: Display your suitability for the job and your ability to succeed in the American labor market. Include copies of your resume, recommendation letters, and any other pertinent documents with your application.
4. Be tenacious: If you run into any problems while submitting your application, don’t give up. For assistance, contact the local consulate or immigration lawyer. They can assist you in comprehending the documentation and processes necessary for settling in the United States.
5. Be adaptable: You can find that you’re unprepared for something or that your talents aren’t quite as strong as they seem on paper. Don’t be afraid to change your plans.
6. Create a backup plan in the event that no offer is made. Now that the H1B program has been reopened, many organizations are interested in recruiting foreign talent, but only if U.S.-based roles can first be filled by suitable American candidates.
If you want a free visa to work in the US as a delivery truck driver, then you need to plan appropriately and be prepared even before you start the application process with a prospective employer. Get all your documents ready and you’d have a smooth process.