The University of Manchester is currently accepting applications for the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The awards are open to graduates of recognized universities who have attained a first class honours degree in a subject within the Faculty of Science, Engineering or Mathematical Sciences, or in a related area. Eligibility requirements include excellent grades and a record of sustained academic achievement.
Read on to know how to apply!
About the University of Manchester
The University of Manchester is a world-renowned institution with over 22,000 students. It has a long history of teaching and research in the fields of humanities, sciences and engineering.
In Manchester, England, there is a public research university called the University of Manchester. The main campus is located on Oxford Road, to the south of Manchester City Centre. Major cultural institutions like the Manchester Museum, Whitworth Art Gallery, John Rylands Library, The Tabley House Collection, and Jodrell Bank Observatory—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—are owned and operated by the university.
The University of Manchester, a byproduct of the civic university movement of the late 19th century, is described as a red brick university. The University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST) and the Victoria University of Manchester were combined to form the current University of Manchester in 2004.
Following a century of close collaboration between the two institutions, this happened. Deans Doctoral Scholarships at Manchester University 2022–2023
The majority of the university’s facilities are located at its core site, which is frequently referred to as the campus, but Manchester is not a campus university in the traditional sense of the word. It is situated in the heart of the city, and its structures blend in with other non-university buildings and main thoroughfares.
The third-largest university in the UK is the University of Manchester (following The Open University and University College London). International students from 160 different nations attend the University of Manchester.
How much money can you win in the Deans Doctoral Scholarship Awards?
A fully funded award includes:
- Internationally subsidized tuition
- A monthly maintenance allowance equal to the UKRI’s minimum stipend rate
- £1000 ResearchTraining Support Grant per year.
Eligibility for Deans Doctoral Scholarship Awards
- You must have a commitment to begin a doctoral program in September 2022 in order to be eligible for the Deans Doctoral Scholarship Awards. To discuss the best ways to advance a Ph.D. application in time for the funding deadline, candidates who have not yet received an academic offer should get in touch with the Faculty admissions team. For contacts, refer to “useful links.”
- You must already have (or be on the verge of obtaining) a first-class honors undergraduate degree to be eligible for the Deans Doctoral Scholarship Awards (or international equivalent).
- You must possess a master’s degree with honors or distinction to be eligible for the Deans Doctoral Scholarship Awards (or international equivalent).
Before submitting an application for this funding, candidates must already have an offer to enroll at The University of Manchester.
Additionally, applicants for the Deans Doctoral Scholarship Awards must:
- Meet the department’s English language entry requirements, and
- Have a history of convincing people with your research. This could include writing for publications or articles, sharing your research with a larger audience, winning awards for your work, or working on a project.
Only applicants who have received a formal offer of admission to one of our Ph.D. programs will be given consideration.
Scholarships at Manchester University 2022–2023: The University of Manchester Scholarship Selection Process
The selection process for these scholarships is quite rigorous, and is based on the candidate’s academic record, letters of recommendation, and motivation letter. In order to be eligible for a scholarship at the University of Manchester, you must also satisfy the admissions committee that you have the potential to become a leading scholar in your field.
If you are interested in applying for a doctoral scholarship at the University of Manchester, please visit their website for more information. They accept applications year-round, and all applications will be reviewed carefully.
What are the benefits of the Deans Doctoral Scholarship Awards?
The Deans Doctoral Scholarship Awards at the University of Manchester provide doctoral students with financial support to help them continue their studies.
The full award provides funding for all PhD tuition, accommodation, and living costs for the year. The partial award provides funding for only tuition, accommodation, and living costs.
The benefits of the Deans Doctoral Scholarship Awards include:
- Financial stability – Having a scholarship will help you avoid having to take out expensive loans or to live off your savings for the year.
- Access to top research facilities – Being a recipient of a Deans Doctoral Scholarship Award gives you access to some of the best research facilities in the UK. This can help you to develop your research further.
- Increased chance of securing a job after completing your PhD – Having a scholarship will give you an advantage when applying for jobs after completing your PhD. It will show that you are dedicated to your research and are willing to invest in it.
When are the applications due?
The application deadline for this scholarship is not specific but the application is currently ongoing.
How to apply for the Deans Doctoral Scholarship Awards
If you are interested in applying for the Deans Doctoral Scholarship Awards at the University of Manchester, you can do so by completing an application on their website.
This prestigious award provides financial assistance to doctoral students who demonstrate exceptional potential in their research and have a good record of academic achievement. Eligible candidates must be nationals or residents of the United Kingdom and be registered as full-time students on the university’s undergraduate or graduate campuses by January 1, 2022.
Candidates must also hold a doctorate degree from a recognized university or college and have achieved first class honors (or equivalent) in their field of study.
Be sure to apply if you are eligible, you just might have a chance!