The DAAD, or German Academic Exchange Service, is pleased to offer the Leadership for Africa Master’s Degree Scholarships in Germany. The scholarships are open to citizens of African countries who wish to pursue a master’s degree at a German university.
The German Academic Exchange Service, or DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst), originated in 1925 and is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic cooperation. Beneficiaries of the scholarship will receive cover in paying their tuition and living expenses, as well as flights to and from Germany.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, keep reading for more information on how to apply.
What are the DAAD leadership for Africa scholarships?
The DAAD leadership for Africa scholarships are designed to promote the development of leadership skills in Africa.
The scholarships are open to talented individuals from all African countries who have a first university degree and at least two years of professional experience. The program offers an annual scholarship for a master’s degree program in Germany.
The scholarship includes tuition fees, a monthly stipend, health insurance, and travel costs. The program is aimed at promoting the exchange of knowledge and experiences between Africa and Germany and strengthening the relationship between African countries and Germany.
Who is eligible for the DAAD leadership for Africa scholarships?
The DAAD leadership for Africa scholarships are open to all qualified African students who want to pursue a master’s degree in Germany.
There is no upper age limit, and candidates can be of any nationality. However, the scholarship is aimed at mid-career professionals, so you must have at least two years of work experience after completing your undergraduate degree. You must also have a good working knowledge of the English language, as all courses will be taught in English.
If you meet the following requirements, you’re eligible to apply for the DAAD leadership for Africa scholarships.
The DAAD Leadership for Africa Master’s Degree Scholarships targets two groups:
1) Highly capable refugees who hold refugee status and fulfill the necessary qualifications for Master’s studies in Germany.
Applicants for DAAD Leadership for Africa Master’s Degree Scholarships must fulfill the following conditions:
- Holding refugee status in their host countries, being approved before April 18th, 2022
- The country of asylum must be either Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Niger, or Senegal
- Accomplished Bachelor’s degree at the time of application
2) Highly competent graduates from Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Niger, or Senegal who fulfill the necessary qualifications for Master’s studies in Germany.
Applicants must fulfill the following conditions:
- Citizenship of either Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Niger, or Senegal
- Country of residence is Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Niger, or Senegal
- Completed Bachelor’s degree at the time of application
Which Courses Can Apply To The Scholarship?
The DAAD scholarship are available to students of all academic disciplines and at each academic degree level, including undergraduates, graduating undergraduates, and recent graduates with a BA, master’s degree students, doctoral students, PhD candidates, and postdoctoral scholars, in any faculty.
What are the benefits of the DAAD leadership for Africa scholarships?
The DAAD leadership for Africa scholarships offer a number of benefits to scholarship holders. These benefits include:
- An additional mandatory training program LEAD!
- Tuition fees and other study costs, including a monthly stipend for living expenses
- A monthly scholarship rate payment of 861 EURO
- Adequate health, accident, and private/personal liability insurance in Germany
- Reimbursement of travel costs
- Yearly study allowance
- If applicable, monthly rent subsidy and monthly allowance for accompanying family members (spouse and/or children).
In addition, scholarship holders will be part of a dynamic and international community of scholars, which will provide opportunities for networking and exchange.
How to apply for the DAAD leadership for Africa scholarships?
The DAAD leadership for Africa scholarships are open to all African nationals who have completed a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2.5 GPA. The application process is simple and straightforward and can be completed in three steps.
Step 1: Register on the DAAD portal.
Step 2: Fill out the online application form and upload the required documents.
Step 3: Submit your application.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in July 2022. If you are not selected for a scholarship, your application will be kept on file for one year, and you can reapply during that time.
Kindly note that all documents must be uploaded to the DAAD portal. Incomplete applications will be officially rejected and will be excepted from the application process.
The following documents may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal. If you submit documents in your national language, you must take in English or German translations.
Required documents are:
- Online DAAD application form duly completed (available on the DAAD portal).
- Curriculum vitae (max. 3 pages).
- Letter of Motivation (1-3 pages).
- DAAD Form “Study course profile” duly completed (please specify 3 Master’s programs).
- Proof of necessary language skills for the desired master’s programs.
- University degree certificate indicating final grades.
- Copies of your passport/national identification card and copies of your passport’s/national identification card’s biodata page and other documents having information about you and your present residence status
- For refugees: UNHCR registration or official proof of asylum by authorities
When is the deadline for the DAAD leadership for Africa scholarships?
The deadline for the DAAD leadership for Africa scholarships is June 30, 2022.
This scholarship program is open to students from sub-Saharan African countries who are interested in pursuing a master’s degree at a German university. The program provides recipients with the opportunity to gain leadership skills and knowledge that will help them contribute to the development of their home countries.
All applicants must have a very good academic record and meet the required language proficiency levels. Recipients of the DAAD leadership for Africa scholarships will be required to complete an internship in their home country during the course of their studies.
If you are interested in studying in Germany and you meet the eligibility criteria, I would encourage you to apply for the DAAD Leadership for Africa Master’s Degree Scholarships. The application process is straightforward, and the scholarships will help cover the cost of tuition and living expenses. Good luck!
Not interested in this Particular Scholarship? See others below