Canadian Government Jobs for International Applicants – Do you know that there are more than 2,000 jobs for international students in Canada? But, it doesn’t stop there! Apart from the jobs available for international students, there are also almost 1,000 job positions open to international applicants who may be looking for permanent jobs in Canada before the end of 2022.
What all this means for you, if you have ever had dreams of moving to or living in Canada, is that your dreams are more realizable than ever! If you take a moment to think about all that, I’m sure you’re already picturing a world of endless opportunities. And why not?
Why you should consider Canada
Starting salaries for government employees in Canada begin at $39,000. Also, incomes in Canada are among the highest in the world, and the country’s healthcare system, educational system, and overall living environment are among the best in the world. Also, Canada employs people from other countries and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, color, gender and race.
So, with Canadian jobs offering a number of benefits including a good pay structure, and amazing health facilities, as well as a host of other opportunities for you and your family members, you can’t be wrong if you are drawn to the idea of immigrating to Canada this year.
And to make the application process a hitch-free one, the Canadian government has created a job portal where you can find these jobs. Just be rest assured that the Canadian government is always on the lookout for talented and qualified applicants like you. So, what do you need to do, and how do you go about the whole process? This post will shed some light on that, while also pointing you in the direction of the most in-demand positions in 2022:
And you can apply for any of these positions without IELTS.
All you need to know about Canadian Government jobs for international applicants
There are a number of things you need to know if you are looking for a Canadian government job as an international applicant. For example, to be eligible to work in Canada, you will need to know what the visa requirements are, as well as the right visa for you if you are coming to Canada for an interview or for work.
Once you have met the eligibility requirements and obtained the necessary documents, the next step is to submit your application. The application process can take some time, so be patient.
If you are successful in applying for a Canadian government job, you can then start preparing to make the trip to Canada to start working with your new employer.
List of Canadian Government Jobs in 2022
The Canadian jobs available in 2022 can be categorized into three categories, namely:
- Government Jobs in Canada
- Students Jobs in Canada
- Graduates’ Jobs in Canada
These jobs include positions in the:
Types of Jobs in Canada
There are a variety of jobs available in Canada as an international applicant. Aside the classified categories, there are quite a number of other jobs you can engage in as a foreign applicant, some of which include:
- Professional jobs: These often require that you own a degree from a university, such as:
- Technical jobs: These do not require complex skills or high degree from a university, and may usually call for a college diploma or training as an apprentice, such as:
- Labour jobs: You necessarily do not need to have certain skills to do these jobs as they usually give on-the-job training, such as:
- cleaning staff
- fruit pickers
- oil field workers
- Canadian Government Jobs (773 Positions open)
The Canadian government is always looking for talented and innovative individuals to join the workforce. So, as an international applicant, if you are interested in working for the Canadian government, you may consider a job in the following positions:
- Foreign Service Office: Foreign Service Officers work in various departments throughout the government, including diplomacy, trade, development, and immigration. This is a highly competitive position, so be prepared to put in the hard work.
- Immigration Office: To work at the immigration office requires great communication skills as well as strong administrative abilities. This is because you tend to deal with quite a number of cross-border issues. So, if you think you have what it takes, you might just as well give it a shot.
- There’s also the option of temporary foreign worker jobs in Canada.
- Student Jobs in Canada ($20/hour)
Are you looking for a government job in Canada? Check out our list of student jobs in Canada, which could pay as much as $20/hour as wages. These jobs are perfect for international applicants who want to work in Canada while studying.
In fact, many employers are looking for talented students to work in their offices. You can find student jobs in a variety of fields, such as marketing, finance, and law. You can as well engage in technical jobs that do not require complex skills and experiences, and also fetch you enough money to cater to your needs.
If you are interested in working as a student in Canada, be sure to check out the Student and Graduate job opportunities page. You can find detailed information about the job, as well as instructions on how to apply.
- Canadian Banking Jobs
You could work in some of the financial institutions, and still get paid handsomely either in fields such as marketing, sales, information technology, and consulting. You just might be the next account manager if you put in the right determination and hard work!
- Military and Servant Jobs in Canada
Make an application for a position with the Canadian government working in the area of military and national security. Positions available in the Canadian Armed Forces, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Security Intelligence, Border Services, the Department of Defense, and the Department of Public Safety.
You can apply to any of these jobs:
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) careers
- Public Safety Canada careers
- Digital spectrum and telecom jobs
- Defense Research and Development Canada (DRDC) careers
- Civilian jobs at National Defence
- Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) careers
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) careers
- Canadian Armed Forces jobs
- Communications Security Establishment (CSE) Canada careers
The Canadian government is always looking for talented and dedicated professionals to join its ranks, and that includes international applicants. So, if you are interested in finding out more about the various Canadian government jobs available to international candidates in 2022, check out other articles mentioned in the current post.
In the meantime, keep your eyes open for future job postings on the website listed, as we will be sure to give you the latest updates as regards new job opportunities that match your skills and interests.