The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship provide support for international students to undertake a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University.
So, how exactly should you go about this, and what are the requirements to get this scholarship? This article will provide information on how to apply for an RTP Scholarship at Flinders University, as well as all the necessary elements to take into consideration.
About Flinders University
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship at Flinders University provides full tuition and living costs for up to four years for international students who are enrolled in a PhD program at Flinders University.
Flinders University is a world-class research institution with more than 30,000 students from all over the world. The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship provides opportunities for students from all parts of the world to study at Flinders University and gain access to some of the best research facilities in Australia.
Why you should choose Flinders University
Flinders University is one of the most prestigious universities in Australia. It offers a variety of rigorous programs, including the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship. This scholarship provides financial assistance to students who wish to pursue a degree at Flinders University. The program is designed to help talented students gain the necessary skills and experience to enter the research field.
Scholarships are available in a number of areas, including science, mathematics, engineering and health sciences. This scholarship is a great way to gain valuable training and experience in the field of research.
What is the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship?
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship is a scholarship offered to students at Flinders University in Adelaide, Australia. The scholarship is designed to help students study for a graduate degree in research. The program offers students access to world-class research facilities and faculties, as well as expert guidance from leading researchers.
Academic merit, academic research preparation, research indicators, and performance are taken into account when awarding the scholarship. For a Research Doctorate, the scholarship is valid for up to three years, and for a Research Master’s degree, it is valid for up to two years.
Successful applicants must start a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time and commit to full-time study. The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship is open to students who are commencing their undergraduate studies in 2023.
Each year, there are only a few scholarships—up to five—available through the Australian Government Research Training Program, and the scholarship round is extremely competitive.
What are the requirements of the Scholarship?
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents. They must also have a minimum 2.5 GPA and be intending to study a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics-related subject at Flinders University.
The scholarship is available to students who have not previously studied in Australia. Applicants must also be able to demonstrate financial need and have a commitment to engage with their local community through volunteer work or engagement in extracurricular activities.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship at Flinders University is available to international students who are enrolled in full-time studies at Flinders University. You must have a valid passport and be able to provide evidence of financial need.
- You must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status, or New Zealand citizenship in order to be eligible for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship. You must also be a citizen of any other country besides New Zealand.
- You must have the intention of beginning full-time study for a higher degree by research in Australia during the award year. Note that candidates who started their higher degree by research in the previous year but were unable to apply for a scholarship in that year because of the timing of their admissions application and subsequent enrollment, or who started their higher degree by research and ended that enrollment within six months of beginning, may still be considered for the scholarship.
- Candidates must enroll in a research concentration in which the University has invested significant resources, has a strong comparative advantage, and has attracted outside funding.
- You must meet all entry requirements for a higher degree by research, including the English language proficiency requirements for HDR candidacy, in order to be eligible for the scholarship.
Not interested in this scholarship? See other options here:
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship at Flinders University offers students a world-class education and research environment.
- The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship provides an annual stipend of $28,854 tax-free, which is the standard rate set by the Australian Government (2022 full-time rate). Also included in the scholarship is a place in a Research Training Program (RTP), which offers a 4-year tuition offset.
- Any candidate moving to Adelaide from outside of Australia is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arriving at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to help with moving expenses and airfares, provided the student can provide receipts.
The program is designed to provide students with the skills and experience required for successful academic careers in research. The program provides opportunities for both undergraduate and postgraduate study, and graduates can find employment in a variety of fields including science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
Students who are accepted into the scholarship program are guaranteed a place in the program. So, if you are not accepted into the program, you may be eligible for other scholarships that are available at Flinders University.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
- You must activate your account using the Student ID from your registration and the date of birth you provided there in order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship. https://activate.flinders.edu.au/main
- You can now submit your application for the international HDR scholarship group after activating your account and receiving a Flinders Authentication Name (FAN).
- Using the quick links on the Flinders website, sign in to your OKTA dashboard from there.
Select ‘student system‘, then the ‘My Scholarship’ tab. Then the ‘Create a new scholarship application’ button.
Select ‘2023’ from the search and select ‘International RHD Scholarship Group’.
How will the Scholarship be Funded?
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship at Flinders University will be funded by the government.
When is the Application Deadline?
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship at Flinders University is open to international students who have completed their secondary school education or equivalent and are currently enrolled full-time in a course of undergraduate or postgraduate study at a recognized tertiary institution in Australia.
The scholarship is available to applicants from countries including China, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Thailand and the United States of America. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit and financial need. The application deadline for the scholarship is August 5, 2022.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in government research, Flinders University is the perfect place for you. The university offers an outstanding program that provides excellent training and opportunities for career development. They have a number of scholarship opportunities available, which makes it even more affordable for students to enroll.