Foreign students who are willing to further their education but don’t have the financial resources to proceed their education in Canada but looking for schools that can offer scholarships should read this article. It could be budget consuming to study abroad and international students feel they can’t afford it.
Therefore, they opt for schools in Canada that can offer their scholarships for master’s students so that they can apply for them.
Fortunately, there are some schools in Canada that offers such scholarship, you only need to know their requirements, and how it works.
Ontario Graduate Scholarships
This is a merit-based scholarship that is being funded by the provincial government to encourage academic excellence at the masters and doctoral levels. The scholarship is open for foreign students and you are expected to know the following:
1. The total value of the scholarship is $15,000 per year.
2. The least duration the scholarship may be held for is two consecutive terms.
3. You must be a foreign student who is studying in Ontario with a student study permit to be eligible for this award.
In order to be eligible for this, you need to have an academic score that weighs up to 30 – 50% set aside by the school and this should reflect in your transcript. Also, you’re expected to be skillful in making researches and there should be proofs for this. Such proofs can include having programs, seminars, publications and so on. In addition, it will be an added advantage if you have leadership skills. Such in case you have been in any leadership position, it is good you let them know when applying.
Canada Graduate Scholarships
This scheme was designed to improve the research skills and training of highly skilled personnel to improve students in research skills. Meanwhile, it is important you note the following:
1. The scholarship total value is $17,500 for one year, non-renewable;
2. You have to be enrolled in, have applied for, or will apply for full-time admission to an eligible graduate program at the masters or doctoral level at a Canadian institution with a CGS allocation.
Simon Fraser University Financial Aid and Awards
This is another merit-based scholarship option for international students who have academic excellence in their previous degrees. Although, there is a bursary available for International students. However, you need to be qualified for it and the requirements are as follows:
1. You should possess a minimum CGPA of 3.00 at SFU (waived for students in their first term at SFU).
2. You are enrolled for a full-time in an approved program, unless otherwise stipulated.
3. You have a displayed financial need (as assessed by SFU.
University of Calgary Graduate Awards
Foreign students can apply for this scholarship opportunity too. Just like others, they have their requirements which include:
1. You may apply for awards after you have submitted an application for admission and receive a University of Calgary student number;
2. The value of the scholarship ranges from $1,000 to $40,000 and covers different fields of study;
3. You must apply for graduate awards;qualification is not automatic.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship was incorporated into the system by the Canadian government. However, they designed this scheme to keep highly rated and qualified Ph.D students. Also, their interest is to bring Canada back to the forefront in their global rating. This scheme also have the stipulated requirements which include:
1. It is a must that you are studying a Ph.D. program in any Canadian university;
2. The Canadian university will have to nominate you for the scholarship;
3. The scholarship is valued at $50000 per year for three years.