Heidelberg University PhD Scholarship is pleased to receive submissions for the 2021 Scholarship Awards at Heidelberg University. If you desire to embark on PhD level program(s) in the fields of Biosciences available at Heidelberg Biosciences International Graduate School, this is a great opportunity for you. This application closes on 30th August, 2021.
Heidelberg University PhD Scholarship – Summary
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
- Awarding Body: Heidelberg University Heidelberg Biosciences International Graduate School
- Level of Study: PhD
- Area of Study: Biosciences
- Qualified Candidate: Domestic Students
- Award Location: Germany
- Deadline: 08/30/2021
Heidelberg University – About
Heidelberg University is formally called the Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg. The school is a non-private research university in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. The school was formed sometime in 1386 and initiated by Pope Urban VI. Heidelberg University is Germany’s most ancient university, and one of the world’s oldest surviving institutions of higher learning. It was the 3rd university founded in the Holy Roman Empire.
This university has been a co-educational establishment since 1899. It comprises of 12 faculties and teaches degree programs at undergraduate, graduate and postdoctoral stages in about 100 fields.Heidelberg has 3 major campuses: the humanities are primarily found in Heidelberg’s Old Town, the medicine and natural sciences are fond in the Neuenheimer Feld quarter, and the social sciences are found in the inner-city suburb Bergheim. The lecture is customarily done carried out in German Language, though a substantial number of graduate degrees are lectured in English and in French.
Presently, up to 28,000 scholars are enrolled for studies at this great university. There is 4,196 full-time faculty, and 476 university professors. Both in 2007 and 2012, the university was selected as University of Excellence under an initiative launched by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, and the German Research Foundation. This improved the German university system by generating a small network of stupendously well-financed universities, which are projected to produce solid foreign appeal.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Heidelberg University PhD Scholarship – Benefits
Recipients of Heidelberg University PhD Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- Wage will be paid to selected students schooling in Germany
Heidelberg University PhD Scholarship – Eligibility
To be a perfect candidate for the Heidelberg University PhD Scholarship, candidates must meet the conditions listed below:
- Candidates must have achieved a master of natural sciences in biochemistry, biology, molecular biology or an alternative natural science.
- Should this MSc is not so bio-related, your supervisor would have to indicate that you have adequate working knowledge in your corresponding bio-topic.
- Candidate must have accomplished a Staatsexamen in Pharmacy or equivalent.
- If you possess an excellent FH (Fachhochschul-) Diploma in a associated field, you have to pass a Qualifying Assessment.
- A BSc degree alone is usually not adequate. In outstanding circumstances, exclusions may be made.
Heidelberg University PhD Scholarship – How to Apply
To Apply for Heidelberg University PhD Scholarship, please follow the instructions listed below:
- To register at the university, you would have to get an admission at the university.
- Necessary Documents: Submit your official transcripts of academic histories from all postsecondary institutions present at for at least one year as a full-time student, statement of purpose, Contact information of 2 referees (2 letters of reference from these referees), and CV.
- Admission Prerequisites: The conditions for admission is a university degree that will allow the individual to be admitted as a Ph.D. scholar at Heidelberg University based on the procedures set by the Faculty of Biosciences.
- Language Prerequisites: An evidence of German or English language skills are necessary to register at the university.
If you desire to embark on PhD level program(s) in the fields of Biosciences available at Heidelberg Biosciences International Graduate School, this is a great opportunity for you.
To seek further about Heidelberg University PhD Scholarship, please check the official website.