Application for the GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Program is currently ongoing. The project “Scaling digital agriculture innovations through startups” (SAIS), effected by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Application Deadline: 31st, August 2021
Eligible Countries: African nations
Program Location (Country): Nairobi, Kenya
Number of Awards: Not specified
GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Program – About
This program is all about innovation and creativity, and making the world we live in better. Are you an individual who has successfully created groundbreaking digital solutions for the agricultural and food division with a helpful impact on income generation? Are you someone who is still searching for company growth support to scale your business and upsurge your impact? Then, this is a great opportunity for you to actualize your dreams.
GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Programoffers tailor-made company growth measures directed at improving your investment readiness, and gaining access to investment and business opportunities.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Eligibility for GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Program
To be eligible for GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Program applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- The applicant’s business is a start-up registered in Africa, a for-profit business with a team of at least two people.
- The applicant is offering scalable digital solutions with a vibrant positive impact on income in the agricultural and/or food sector (e.g. through business opportunities, savings, added value, etc.).
- The applicant is in the post-seed phase (i.e. have launched a minimum viable product, have an existing customer base, have proof of revenue).
Selection Standards: Entries will be picked on the basis of: an:
- A submission that displays a convincing business model.
- A very-motivated team that ideally reflects gender equality and diversity.
- A submission that presents a digital product that is scalable, demonstrably efficient, user-friendly, commercially worthwhile, and makes use of sustainable technical solutions while also, perfectly, advocating gender equality in the agriculture and food sector.
Benefits of GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Program
Beneficiaries of GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Program will be offered to benefits below:
- A 6-month Investment Readiness Program completely sponsored by GIZ-SAIS starting in December 2019. The program is constructed around regular virtual coaching, and training sessions with skilled company developers and growth managers.
- Access to added service providers to optimize some segments of your venture (e.g. legal, cash flow, marketing, coding etc.).
- 3 in-person meet-ups complete the program: a kick-off workshop in Kenya, Nairobi, in December 2019, followed by a mid-term check-in in the 3rd or 4th month and a link-up event with investors and business partners will conclude the program.
- During the course of the program, the GIZ-SAIS team will facilitate contacts and interactions with potential investors and business partners using the global investor cloud services. Extra follow-up growth processes in close discourse with committed investors, and business partners are planned for those start-ups that successfully complete the Investment Readiness Program.
What is expected?
- A readiness by team members and ability to participate in all training measures, as well as physical presence during the kick-off, mid-term check-in and link-up event.
- Team members display willingness to agree on individual milestones and serious ambition to attain them in the timeframe of the GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Program.
- The readiness to regularly communicate and share business details with GIZ-SAIS.
How to Apply for GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Program
- Apply here.
- The project “Scaling digital agriculture innovations through startups” (SAIS), effected by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Program offers tailor-made company growth measures directed at improving your investment readiness, and gaining access to investment and business opportunities.
To inquire further about GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Program, please visit the official website.