UWE Millennium Scholarship offered by University of the West of England to international students is an opportunity which will be needed to embark on an internship working within the International Office or other departments. Beneficiaries will also be expected to embark on ambassadorial activity for the University all through the period of the program.
Study Level: Master’s Degree
Deadline: 30th June, 2021 (yearly)
Study in: London, UK
Course Begins: September 2021
Host Institution(s): University of the West of England, UK
Available Programs: Any Postgraduate Program available at the University excluding MBA, BPTC, LPC, GDL, MSc Robotics, PhD‘s and continuing professional development courses.
Number of Scholarships: 1
Target group: International students categorized with monetary needs
University of the West of England – About
University of the West of England’s roots is from the foundation of the Merchant Venturers Navigation School, which was created in the year1595. By 1894, the school transformed to Merchant Venturers Technical College.
Bower Ashton Studios was created in the year 1969 as the West of England College of Art which was earlier the art school of the Royal West of England Academy located in Queens Road, Bristol. The St Matthias site was a teacher training college at first. These campuses, together with campuses in Redland, Ashley Down, Unity Street and Frenchay became part of Bristol Polytechnic around 1976.
The University of the West of England, Bristol (UWE Bristol) is a public research institution of higher education, situated in and around Bristol, England, which received university status in 1992. In common with the University of Bristol and University of Bath it can take its backgrounds to the Merchant Venturers’ Technical College, established as a school in the year 1595 by the Society of Merchant Venturers.
UWE is made up of numerous campuses in Greater Bristol. Frenchay Campus is the biggest campus in regards to numbers of student because most of its courses are done there. The City campus provides courses in the creative and cultural industries, and is made up of Bower Ashton Studios, Spike Island, and Watershed. The institution is affiliated with the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School and validates its higher education courses. Frenchay Campus and Glenside Campus are abodes to most of the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences, with a further Adult Nursing unit based at Gloucester Campus. Campus provides training in animal sciences, sport, equine, agriculture and conservation. In 2018, the Teaching Excellence Framework awarded the university Gold.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Benefits of UWE Millennium Scholarship
Beneficiaries of UWE Millennium Scholarship will be offered 50% tuition fees for one academic year.
Eligibility for UWE Millennium Scholarship
To be eligible for UWE Millennium Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
• Applicant must have attained the equivalent of a British 1st in an undergraduate degree.
• Applicant must hold an unconditional offer or a conditional offer where IELTS or equivalent English language is the only condition.
• Applicant should be a fresh student to UWE Bristol with no prior UK study.
• Applicants should be categorized as overseas for fees purposes.
• Applicants should not be a funded student or be a beneficiary of another scholarship/award.
• Applicant should provide official transcripts at the moment of application.
How to Apply for UWE Millennium Scholarship
- If you pass the eligibility criteria as listed above, you will be beckoned to apply as part of the application procedure.
- If called, you will get a link to an online application form which must be completed before 30th June, 2021.
- It is vital to check the official website (link found below) for comprehensive details on steps to apply for this scholarship.
UWE Millennium Scholarship offered by University of the West of England to international students is an opportunity which will be needed to embark on an internship working within the International Office or other departments. Beneficiaries will participate in ambassadorial activity for the University all through the period of the program.
To inquire further about UWE Millennium Scholarship, please visit the official website.