ETH Zurich Scholarship is a completely funded scholarship for international students. ETH Zurich Scholarship is only offered to students who want to embark on master’s studies. The program provides a fund that covers the recipient’s living and study expenses (CHF 11,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver.
The ETH Zurich Scholarship is classified into two kinds: Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Program (ESOP), and ETH-D Scholarship. These scholarships are granted to brilliant foreign and national students. The basic requirement for these scholarships is for an applicant to hold a very good result (top 10% of Bachelor’s program = grade A).
ETH Zurich Scholarship Summary
- Study Level: Masters
- Institution(s): ETH Zurich
- Country: Switzerland
- Fields of Study: See list below
- Duration of Program: 3 or 4 semesters
- Deadline: December 15th, 2021 (Applications will open from November 1st, 2021)
Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Architecture Master
- Civil Engineering Master
- Environmental Engineering Master
- Geomatics Master
- Integrated Building Systems Master
- Spatial Development and Infrastructure Systems Master
- Landscape Architecture Master
- Biomedical Engineering Master
- Biotechnology Master
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Master
- Computer Science Master
- Cyber Security Master
- Data Science Master
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology Master
- Energy Science and Technology Master
- Materials Science Master
- Mechanical Engineering Master
- Micro and Nanosystems Master
- Neural Systems and Computation Master
- Nuclear Engineering Master
- Processs Engineering Master
- Quantum Engineering Master
- Robotics, Systems and Control Master
Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Biology Master
- Chemical and Bioengineering Master
- Chemistry Master
- Computational Science and Engineering Master
- High Energy Physics Master
- Interdisciplinary Sciences Master
- Mathematics/Applied Mathematics Master
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Master
- Physics Master
- Quantitative Finance Master
- Statistics Master
System-oriented Natural Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences Master
- Applied Geophysics Master
- Atmospheric and Climate Science Master
- Earth Sciences Master
- Environmental Sciences Master
- Food Science Master
- Health Sciences and Technology Master
Management and Social Sciences
- Comparative and International Studies Master
- History and Philosophy of Knowledge Master
- Management, Technology and Economics Master
- Mathematics Didactics Master
- Science Didactics Master
- Science, Technology and Policy Master
Benefits of ETH Zurich Scholarship
The beneficiaries of ETH Zurich Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- The Excellence Scholarship/ESOP covers living and study costs (CHF 12’000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver.
- The ETH-D Scholarship finances living and study dues (CHF 7’500 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. In addition, the department will offer a scholarship of CHF 3’000 per semester or offer an assistantship (with a payment of CHF 500 – 600 per month). In Zurich it covers the demanded CHF 21’000/year for the migration office (in Basel at D-BSSE it covers CHF 24’000). Details see here (PDF, 79 KB).
Eligibility for ETH Zurich Scholarship
To qualify for ETH Zurich Scholarship, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All countries in world
- The requirement for consideration is a very good result (top 10% of Bachelor’s program = grade A).
- Please ensure the telephone number specified under your CV is reachable as the selection process might include a phone/VC interview in February
How to Apply for ETH Zurich Scholarship
To avail this scholarship please follow the following steps:
- ESOP and ETH-D Scholarships applications are supplied via eApply (online Master application).
- If you are applying for more than one Master’s program, please submit a different application form for each degree program.
- Additionally, you will need to upload a pre-proposal for your master thesis together with documents for the Master admission. See specifications here (PDF, 70 KB).
The pre-proposal for the Master’s thesis must be developed by you and use established scientific citation practice.
Plagiarism, negligent or deliberate misinformation will lead to elimination from the admission process or if discovered later will lead to the withdrawal of the admission, and of any scholarship.
If your study program does not demand for references you must name two references for your ESOP application.
To inquire further about ETH Zurich Scholarship, please visit the Official Website.