University of British Columbia MasterCard Foundation Scholarships in Canada: The University of British Columbia is collaborating with The MasterCard Foundation scholars is awarding an extensive scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan of Africa.
This Program will provides access to education for academically talented students, yet economically marginalized young people. This is highly competitive and available for international students.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of British Columbia, Canada
Scholarships to be taken at: University of British Columbia, Canada
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee, travel, textbooks, housing, food, and living expenses
Subject Eligibility: See the eligible courses (below)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students from Sub-Saharan Africa
University of British Columbia MasterCard Foundation Scholarships | Details
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates are expected to attain the following eligibility criteria for the University of British Columbia MasterCard Foundation Scholarships in Canada;
- Applicants must be international students resident in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Students admitted into Masters degree program
- Applicant must be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of their life in a Sub-Saharan African country;
- Applicants must have present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere;
- Applicants must have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and show leadership qualities or potential;
- Applicants must be a person who requires a Canadian study permit to study in Canada;
- Applicants must commit to returning to Africa immediately after graduation from UBC in order to apply their training and skills to the betterment of others.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of British Columbia, Canada
- Application process based on merit and evidence of leadership.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the UBC’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Applicants seeking for University of British Columbia MasterCard Foundation Scholarships in Canada must be applying for a Master’s degree in one of the following Faculties and programs at UBC’s Vancouver campus;
- Faculty of Arts
Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs
- Faculty of Education
Master of Educational Administration and Leadership (M.Ed)
Master of Higher Education (M.Ed)
Master of Education in Science Education (M.Ed)
- Faculty of Forestry
Master of Science (MSc)
Master of Applied Science (MASc)
Master of Sustainable Forest Management (MSFM)
Master of International Forestry (MIF)
Master of Geomatics for Environmental Management (MGEM)
- Faculty of Land and Food Systems
Master of Food and Resource Economics (MFRE)
Master of Food Science (MFS)
Master of Land and Water Systems (MLWS)
- Faculty of Medicine
Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Faculty of Science
Master of Data Science
- Sauder School of Business
Full-Time MBA Program
Scholarship Value and Benefits
- The value of the University of British Columbia MasterCard Foundation Scholarships in Canada provides scholarship equivalent to the costs related to attaining a degree,
- Including travel
- And living expenses granted to the most highly qualified students demonstrating leadership, substantial work experience and financial need.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants seeking for the University of British Columbia MasterCard Foundation Scholarships in Canada are requested to apply following this link: http://mcfscholars.ubc.ca/apply/graduate/.
Application Deadline: November 6, 2020